Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Examples Of Religion

Concrete Angel
by Martina McBride

she walks to school with a lunch she packed
nobody knows what she's holding back
wearing the same dress she wore yesterday
she hides the bruises with the linen and lace

the teacher wonders but she doesn't ask
it's hard to see the pain behind the mask
bearing the burden of a secret storm
sometimes she wishes she was never born

CHORUS:
through the wind
and the rain
she stands hard as a stone
in a world that she can't rise above
but her dreams
give her wings
and she flies to a place where she's loved
concrete angel

somebody cries in the middle of the night
the neighbors hear but they turn out the light
a fragile soul caught in the hands of fate
when morning comes it'll be too late

REPEAT CHORUS

a statue stands in a shaded place
an angel girl with an upturned face
a name is written on a polished rock
a broken heart that the world forgot

REPEAT CHORUS


Explanation- This song is an example of religion because in the title of this song it has the word 'angels' which is a reference to religion. Within the lyrics there is a line that says, "a freagile soul caught in the hands of fate" and the word soul is also a reference to religion. There are many referneces to religion in this song.


I Saw God Today
by George Strait

I just walked down the street to the coffee shop
had to take a break
I'd been by her side for eighteen hours straight
I saw a flower growing in the middle of the sidewalk
pushing up through the concrete
like it was planted right there for me to see
the flashin' lights, the honkin' horns
all seemed to fade away
in the shadow of that hospital at 5:08
I saw God today

Chorus:
I've been to church
I've read the book
I know He's here, but I don't look
near as often as I should
Yeah, I know I should
His fingerprints are everywhere
I'd just slow down to stop and stare
opened my eyes and man I swear
I saw God today

I saw a couple walking by they were holding hands
Man, she had that glow
yeah I couldn't help but notice she was starting to show
I stood there for a minute takin' in the sky
lost in that sunset
a splash of amber melted in the shades of red

Chorus

I got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleeping like a rock
My name on her wrist wearing tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mama's eyes
My brand new baby girl
She's a miracle
I saw God today

Explanation- This song is an example of religion. This song is an example of religion because it has references toward God. A line that references religion is, " I've been to church, I've read the book." This references religion because it is talking about going to church and reading the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment